The paper “Better Asset Management Planning and Delivery – Lessons from the New Zealand Road Maintenance Taskforce” was presented at the IPWEA International Conference in Darwin during the week 11-15th August 2013.
Janice Brass, Principal Evaluation Analyst, New Zealand Transport Agency and Grant Holland, Senior Consultant, Waugh Infrastructure Management Ltd, New Zealand presented the paper.
The paper presents the challenges faced by the Road Maintenance Task Force’s Asset Management Working Group, the recommendations developed and the lessons learnt.
- Key messages and results from the Task Force assessment and report
- How is the sector performing?
- Do Asset Management processes recognise the economic context that asset management and long term planning occurs in?
- What scenarios should we consider?
- Is more direction needed to produce integrated results?
- How will Asset Management help us go further as we aim for greater effectiveness and efficiency?
- Going forward – implementing the learning
The paper and presentation slides have been added to the Waugh Infrastructure Resources