A paper delivered by Grant Holland, Senior Consultant, Waugh Infrastructure Management Ltd during the 16th NZ Transport Agency & NZIHT Annual Conference, November 2015
In 2012 the Road Maintenance Task Force (RMTF) made a number of recommendations for change in the transportation sector.
With the establishment of the Road Efficiency Group (REG) these have been woven into three work streams –
- A One Network Road Classification (ONRC) to standardise data and create a classification system which identifies the level of service, function, and use of road networks and state highways.
- Best asset management practice to share best practice planning and advice with road controlling authorities.
- Collaboration with the industry and between road controlling authorities to share information, staff and management practices.
As we move toward to 2
- Will we react – shoot first and think later!
- Will we resist – confident that we know better?
- Will we reform – embracing change and the risks that go with it?
With an Asset Management focus, Grant will connect the RMTF, the REG initiatives and his experiences with a range of road controlling authorities across New Zealand.
This presentation will provide a lead into specific REG work stream presentations and is intended to challenge our approach to the long-term provision of transportation infrastructure.