Hugh has 25 years of experience in all water services management and project delivery “wai kotahi” – including rivers management.
Having worked in local government and operations/maintenance contracting, he has in-depth knowledge in water services strategy, planning and delivery, including water and wastewater treatment.
His expertise includes
- Strategic Planning and Asset Management;
- Network and treatment plant operation, risk management and optimisation;
- Digital networks – including smart water systems;
- Financial and budget management;
- Programme planning and project delivery;
- Resource consent management (consenting, evidence, monitoring);
- Stakeholder engagement;
Hugh is excited about delivering robust, leading asset management practices, leveraging IIMM best practices and international advances in circular water economy delivery.
He is passionate about ensuring public assets are well managed to deliver safe, effective and sustainable service delivery.