FACTS AT A GLANCE
Focussed on the audience
Valuable AM Tool
One location for information
Identify Contingency Plans
Identify Health & Safety issues
Waugh Infrastructure Management Ltd has been associated with a number of projects developing Operation and Maintenance manuals for facilities and pump stations across New Zealand to support Councils:
- Operational strategies
- Maintenance procedural information
- Levels of Service
- Assist with succession planning by capturing institutional knowledge
- Ownership of intelligence / information
- Whilst incorporating all the relevant information from historical documents and other resources
We appreciate that the Operation and Maintenance Manual should be focussed on the audience i.e. Engineer, Asset Manager, Operator or any combination of the aforementioned.
The very comprehensive template we have developed is a living document for the Engineer, Asset Manager, and Operator.
This provides a valuable asset management tool for the Engineer, Asset Manager, and Operator to perform daily operations or forward planning while creating a vehicle to capture and document future changes or improvements.
This will provide you with a one-stop repository for accessing the day to day operation in an ever-changing world where service delivery and continuity are paramount.
“We will deliver living documents based on institutional knowledge and historical information to enable clear explanations of individual responsibility and authority”
We have developed a standard template that is modified to suit the individual pump station or facility and client’s requirements. The key components are:
The Manual will identify contingency plans and health and safety issues.
It will provide a one location warehouse of information and technical supporting data enabling the manuals to be fully standalone and transportable, be that to site, office or presentation.
Effective operation and ongoing maintenance are critical to the long-term viability the of Pump Station/Facility.
By making these activities easier to understand – especially by outlining what to do when – an Operations and Maintenance Manual can help ensure that your Pump Station/Facility is efficiently operated and well maintained long into the future.
Comprehensive current manuals recognise that Pump Stations and Facilities are:
- CRITICAL (assets and systems)
- COMPLEX (controls and interconnections)
- LIVING (comprise moving, sensitive components)
- HIGH PROFILE (consequence of image damage if all goes wrong)
- EXTERNALLY MONITORED (often by way of consents)
- EXTREMELY HIGH CAPITAL (some 25% of asset set value)
- DEMANDING (on staff skill set)
- VISIBLE (almost always above ground)
+64 3 686 6994
CLICK TO EMAIL US