IPWEA International Public Works Conference, Darwin, August 2013
Janice Brass, Principal Evaluation Analyst, New Zealand Transport Agency and
Grant Holland, Senior Consultant, Waugh Infrastructure Management Ltd, NZ
This paper presents the challenges faced by the Road Maintenance Task Force’s Asset Management Working Group, the recommendations developed and the lessons learned. This includes
- Key messages and results from the Task Force assessment and report
- How is the sector performing?
- Do Asset Management processes recognise the economic context that asset management and long-term planning occurs in?
- What scenarios should we consider?
- Is more direction needed to produce integrated results?
- How will Asset Management help us go further as we aim for greater effectiveness and efficiency?
- Going forward – implementing the learnings