Waugh Infrastructure Management Ltd has been associated with a number of projects developing Operation and Maintenance manuals for facilities and pump stations across New Zealand.
In the course of this, we have developed a standard template that is modified to suit the individual pump station or facility and client’s requirements.
We appreciate that the Operation and Maintenance Manual should be focussed on the audience i.e. Engineer, Asset Manager, Operator or any combination of the aforementioned.
The very comprehensive template we have developed is a living document for the Engineer, Asset Manager, and Operator.
This provides a valuable asset management tool for the Engineer, Asset Manager and Operator to perform daily operations or forward planning, while creating a vehicle to capture and document future changes or improvements.
Comprehensive current manuals recognise that Pump Stations and Facilities are:
- CRITICAL (assets and systems)
- COMPLEX (controls and interconnections)
- LIVING (comprise moving, sensitive components)
- HIGH PROFILE (consequence of image damage if all goes wrong)
- EXTERNALLY MONITORED (often by way of consents)
- EXTREMELY HIGH CAPITAL (some 25% of asset set value)
- DEMANDING (on staff skill set)
- VISABLE (almost always above ground)